- Establish a technical, regulatory
and organizational framework to guarantee fair and
equitable access to the elements of
- Protect the intellectual and
industrial property rights of the products of
- Guarantee equality and gender
equity in access to and control of biodiversity resources
and eradicate discriminatory social
- Establish formal bodies to
coordinate access to genetic resources.
- Harmonize national and
international legislation on access and transfer of
technology and on intellectual property
- Training for decision-makers,
media workers, judges, researchers and peasant and
indigenous communities on access, transfer of technology
and intellectual property rights.
- Participatory process to determine
the scope and requirements of intellectual property
rights of communities.